Last Updated: August 2022
About This Policy
This Policy describes the privacy practices of In Record Time, Inc. and its subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates (collectively and/or individually, “Company”, “our”, or “we”). Except as otherwise provided, it applies to our interactions with our customers and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- Use of our websites and applications, including mobile websites and applications (collectively, the “Site”)
- Visits to our stores/locations or attendance at one of our events
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third-party websites like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
- Through our authorized service providers
Please read this Policy carefully before using the Site or submitting information to us. By accessing or visiting the Site, you indicate your understanding that the collection, use, and sharing of your information is subject to the terms of this Policy. Except as otherwise noted, any capitalized terms not defined in the Policy have the meaning set forth in the Terms. If you do not consent to the collection, use, and sharing of your information as described in this Policy, please do not provide us with such information. The nature of our business requires that we gather and maintain information that is of a personal nature that you may wish to keep protected. This Policy does not apply to third-party websites accessible through our Site or other applications.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect, or have collected, the following categories of your personal information (“PI” or “personal information”). In the event we begin collecting additional categories, we will update this list accordingly.
- Examples include real name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address.
- Other elements. Examples include name, signature, characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, and employment history.
- Education information. This includes information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Geolocation data. This might include location information while using one of our apps.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. Examples of this category including identifiable information obtained about you while speaking with our customer service representatives on the telephone.
- Professional or employment-related information. This category includes the information in your resume(s), references, certifications, licenses, and other similar materials.
- Consumer profile. This includes inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behaviors.
Purposes For Which We Collect Your Personal Information.
We may collect your PI for the following business and/or commercial purposes. If, in the future, we use your PI for additional or different purposes, we will, in accordance with applicable by law, inform you and obtain your consent.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you purchase services from us, we will collect PI related to provision of those services.
- To contact you and/or provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To engage in marketing activities, including to help design products and services appropriate for our clients.
- To communicate with you via social media concerning our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, payment, and collections.
- To review, improve, and monitor our website, applications, online services, and overall client experience, including to provide customization to meet specific needs, ensure a consistent experience, and assess trends, interests, and demands of clients.
- To provide customer service and engage in quality control activities concerning our products and services.
- For testing, research, analysis and product and service development.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations, or other lawful processes.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise permitted or required under applicable law.
- To process applications for employment, as well as to evaluate and improve our recruiting efforts.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of our business, our employees, our consumers, our information systems, and/or the public.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
Sources of Personal Information
We may collect your PI from the following sources, among others:
- You. For instance:
- During a website visit, when you complete a web-form, or when you visit us at one of our stores, locations, or events.
- If you upload or share a photo, submit a request, submit information, or post other digital content through one of our websites, applications or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook or Twitter.
- If you register for a referral or loyalty program.
- If you participate in a sweepstake, contest, promotion, program, clinic or workshop.
- If you request a quote, warranty or other information.
- If you apply for or inquire about employment.
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our websites.
- We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
- Your friends and family, such as when they provide your information through one of our refer-a-friend type features or programs. Persons who share such information in connection with those features or programs should only submit email addresses of individuals with whom they have a close personal or family relationship, who would be interested in receiving the communication, and who have authorized the sharing of their email address.
- News outlets
- Social media and related services
Sharing Personal Information
We may share the following categories of PI with the following categories of third parties:
|Categories of Personal Information Disclosed||Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed|
|Characteristics of protected
classifications under California or federal law
| Education information
Internet or other electronic network activity
| Geolocation data
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
| Professional or employment-related information
We do not sell your PI and do not have actual knowledge that we have sold personal information of minors under age 16.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
As is true of most websites and applications, the Site collects some personal information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include your IP address, browser type, language, internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit page, operating system, and date/time stamp. We use this personal information to, for instance, improve our understanding of and analyze trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behavior on the Site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
To monitor use of the Site and improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the use of the Site through analytics services, such as those provided by Google Analytics. Examples of this information may include: the number of visitors to the Site or to sections or pages of the Site; patterns of traffic flowing through the Site; length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site; the other sites that refer visitors to the Site; the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points; and utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site.
We may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about use of our Platform.
- One such device is “cookies,” which are small files that uniquely identify and recognize your browser or device and automatically collect certain information from you. The Site utilizes a few different types of cookies, which are described below.
- First and Third Party Cookies. First party cookies are generally placed on your computer or device by the website you are visiting. For example, we may use a first party cookie to improve website security. Third party cookies are placed on your computer or device by a source other than the website you are visiting in order to enable third-party features such as advertising, analytics, videos, or interactive content.
- Essential or Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually set in response to actions taken by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies. Although these are non-essential cookies, they help the website perform and function as designed. For example, performance and functionality cookies may help the website display videos, enable chat sessions, or recognize whether you visited the website before.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies track your usage of the website. The information these cookies collect can be used for various purposes such as understanding how visitors use the website, site and content customization, or advertising and marketing.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising and marketing cookies perform functions such as helping customize your website experience, personalizing ads based on your online activities and interests, measuring the effectiveness of ads, preventing an ad from reappearing, and serving you targeted advertisements. Information from these cookies may be shared with third parties or third parties may place these cookies on your computer or device. Advertising and marketing cookies may track your online activities.
- Customize your experience during a session or across sessions.
- Track the number of unique visitors to our Site, which enables us, among other things, to ensure the Site has sufficient capacity.
- Customize content on the Site.
- Collect anonymous statistical information about Site use, including about the amount of time a user spends on the Site, which website they navigated to the Site from, and how they used Site.
- Web beacons. We may also use web beacons to review how visitors navigate the Site.
- Social media plugins. The Site may also use social media plugins (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit the Site, the operator of the social media plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Site. If you are logged into the social media website while browsing our Site, the social plugins allow that social media website to share data about your activities on our Site with other users of the social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins could allow Facebook to show certain of your activities on our pages to your Facebook friends and your friends’ activities to you. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about plugins from other social media websites, please refer to those sites’ privacy and information sharing policies.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any PI provided or collected for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
Do Not Track.
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests.
Our Sites and Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit PI from children under 13 years of age. We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet and will never knowingly request PI from anyone under the age of 13. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any PI, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us and ask to have this PI deleted from our files. If we otherwise obtain knowledge that we have PI about a child under 13 in our files, we will delete that information from our existing files so that it is not in retrievable form.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system is 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the Contacting Us section below.
Notice to Site Users Located Outside the U.S.
The Company operates in accordance with the laws of the U.S. When you access our Site from outside the U.S., we may transfer the PI that we collect from you to a location outside of your jurisdiction, including the U.S. The data protection laws in these jurisdictions may not provide you with the same protections as those of your jurisdiction. By using this Site you acknowledge that these laws may provide a different standard of protection and you consent to the transfer of your personal data to other jurisdictions, including the U.S.
If you have additional questions you may call us at (800) 788-4960 or reach us by email at [email protected]. You can write to us at 1901 SE 4th Ave Ft Lauderdale Fl 33316.
For California Residents
If you are a California resident, please read the following:
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in accordance with the instructions in the Contact Us section above. Please mention when contacting us that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. Within 30 days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than in accordance with the instructions specified in this paragraph.
- If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
For Nevada Residents
If you are a Nevada resident, please read the following:
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of certain “covered information” collected by operators of websites or online services. We currently do not sell covered information, as “sale” is defined by such law, and we do not have plans to do so. In accordance with Nevada law, you may submit to us a verified request instructing us not to sell your covered information. Such requests can be submitted in accordance with the instructions provide above in the Contact Us section.